- I saw a runner in my new neighborhood wearing VFFs. If I spy him again I'm going to have to strike up a conversation with him. Just a cursory head nod so far.
- Monday morning, 7:30 am. I'm sitting on my front door step cooling down from my run. The guy across the street exits his house, walks over to his truck and fires it up. Then goes back inside. For a full five minutes. Up north you warm up the car. Here in the south you cool it down. I've lived here six years and learned something new.
- You know you've swam a long time when an hour after getting out of the pool you tilt your head forward and water drains out your nose.
- People are nowhere near concerned enough about hydration. I swam at the base pool today at noon when the "feels like" temperature was 101*. I was the only person of 6-7 that had a water bottle at the end of my lane.
- The base pool is 33 meters long. Who the heck engineered that? Military Intelligence?
- It's getting light out later. It was still a little dark when I stepped out the door at 5:15 this morning.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Things I've encountered in the past few days that have gotten my attention: